[ruby-de] [JOB] Senior Ruby Engineer @ Wunder Carpool

Katrin Arrubla katrin at wunder.org
Fr Mai 18 18:00:21 JST 2018

Hallo zusammen,
wir von Wunder Carpool suchen derzeit 5-6 Backend Engineers, die entweder
in Ruby oder Elixir coden und unser bestehendes Team ergänzen. Unser Team
sitzt in HH in der Hafencity und ist super international - 45 Leute aus 26
Nationen. Arbeitssprache ist daher englisch.
Wir freuen uns schon drauf, uns mit dem/der einen oder anderen mehr über
die Stelle auszutauschen und zu schauen, ob es passen könnte.
Kontaktiert uns einfach über unsere Jobpage oder direkt per Mail an mich.
Freu mich drauf!
Liebe Grüße,
Katrin

Senior Ruby Engineer (m/f)

You’re an enthusiastic *Senior* *Ruby Engineer (m/f) *looking to build the
next generation of mobility apps? Then we are looking for you!
<https://www.wunder.org/>

At Wunder, our mission is to solve traffic in the world’s most gridlocked
cities through carpooling. It’s an epic mission that requires a combination
of technology and community. Striving for excellence in these two areas is
what makes us different. To create the best experience for all, we start in
our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization
where all team members are recognized for showing ownership in an
environment where we value trust, impact and speed.

*Responsibilities:*

   - Work with our CTO and with other engineers to design & architect new
   products & features for the Wunder Apps.
   - Build out new tools and services in a data-driven environment.
   - Develop, ship and maintain existing features by writing methodical,
   maintainable code.
   - Work with our UI/UX experts to extend our existing mobile apps on
   iOS/Android and create new, compelling experiences and features.
   - Help the company growth by creating tools to better engage with our
   users.

*Qualifications:*

   - 4+ years developing highly dynamic backend for mobile applications.
   - Solid software engineering skills in an agile environment.
   - Expertise in Ruby on Rails apps and the ability to quickly pick up new
   technologies & skills.
   - Good experience with HTML + Javascript, especially on mobile devices
   and proven work with iOS/Android apps.
   - Experience with real-time, location based systems.
   - Knowledge in the Elixir programming language is a plus.
   - Thorough knowledge of PostgreSQL.
   - Understanding of ElasticSearch and Neo4j is a plus.
   - Experience with scaling and performance optimization of large systems.

*Being part of the Wunder team means:*

   - You will have a positive social impact on the world, as we continue to
   make road travel smarter and more sustainable.
   - You will work in a fast-paced environment with a highly agile team of
   dynamic, hyper-motivated and talented individuals.
   - You will join a global company, with a real international culture and
   vision; multi-lingual and highly mobile.
   - You will be part of a supportive team that shares knowledge and
   desires for each  member to reach their full potential and continue
   learning.
   - You will enter a high-growth structure which means that you will be
   constantly challenged and that your responsibilities will grow fast and
   change regularly.
   - Other perks: You will be part of regular office events and
   teambuilding.
   - Beginning: We will help you with your visa application, German admin
   help (finding an apartment, etc.) and onboarding.
   - Share options: Being part of the sharing economy, every employee will
   have the option to take part in the success of the company.

You will be based in Hamburg and join one of the fastest growing start-ups
in Germany. Sounds like a good opportunity? Apply
<https://grnh.se/8fc9ee411> today and start tomorrow, we are looking
forward getting to know you!
Cheers,
Katrin
--

*Hi, I’m Katrin Arrubla <https://www.linkedin.com/in/KatrinArrublaOcampo/>*
VP Talent at Wunder <http://www.wunder.org/>, the most convenient way to

Looking for new challenges? Wanna be part of an amazing start-up in the
sharing industry? Check out why you should join our Team
<https://www.wunder.org/careers>!