[jruby] profiling jruby code ? faster startup ?

Sean Felipe Wolfe ether.joe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 04:26:00 JST 2019

Hello !

I've got a side project using JRuby with the LibGDX game framework.
Honestly it has been an awesome experience -- surprisingly stable, much
more so than I expected.

Right now there's a two second startup time and I'd like to reduce that.
Can anybody suggest where I might start? Is it the size of the jarfiles for
the game library? Is there a certain amount of overhead to starting the
JRuby JVM? Are there ways to make that faster?

If I can reduce this to sub 1 second, even half second, that would be
interstellar!

Thanks ~~

--
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he
is to be ultimately at peace with himself.