[jruby] JRuby Digest, Vol 29, Issue 2

david brometeo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 17:40:52 JST 2018

El domingo 14 de enero, jruby-request at ruby-lang.org escribió:
> Have you tried taking heap dumps with jmap and analyzing them in Eclipse MAT?
>
> https://www.eclipse.org/mat/

I work with visualvm and heap dumps. It seems enough for getting info. I don't
know MAT. Do you think I can get more clues with it?

My problem is I see Binding objects that refernce themselves and are not
cleaned from memoty by GC, and don't understand why. Those objects reference
other graphical objects and I supose that they are not removed for that reason,
but I am not sure. My question is simple: any of you have some experience with
those object types (Binding) and know it this is normal? What can I be doing
bad?

I use Swing workers (Threads) and listeners, but don't know if that can be
dangerous in some cases. I find and read documentation in internet, but no
clear clues for now :(

--
David