[jruby] debugging with pry-debugger-jruby

Sean Felipe Wolfe ether.joe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 03:50:44 JST 2017

Hello!

Is anybody on the list involved with pry-debugger-jruby?

I am trying to use it to set some breakpoints in an app that uses JRuby on
top of the Java LibGDX game framework. I'm using binding.pry and getting
one error; I use breakpoint and get a different error.

With binding.pry, I get a stacktrace that references some Libgdx code, so I
know the framework is loading to a point and dying somehow. With
breakpoint, I get a more generic error. I'll put the stacktraces below.

Code gist with stacktraces is here:

https://gist.github.com/SeanFelipe/b1d48c01741406b63aeb00ffb3c156c4

Thanks!

--
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he
is to be ultimately at peace with himself.