[jruby] jruby-openssl 0.9.7 Compatibility

David Cheng davidlimcheng at berkeley.edu
Fri Aug 4 01:06:39 JST 2017

Greetings!

First off, thank you for all the work you do on JRuby and JRuby-openssl.
It is very much appreciated.

Our team here in Berkeley recently upgraded to jruby 9.1.5.0 and
jruby-openssl 0.9.19, and are running into issues that looks a lot like a
memory leakage.  Load tests confirm a much higher strain on memory - and
we've actually seen this in every version of jruby-openssl >=0.9.8.

After troubleshooting to no avail, our release is less than two weeks away
and we find ourselves needing to downgrade to a version of the openssl gem
that worked smoothly for us, which would be 0.9.7.  I was wondering if you
could tell me the latest version of JRuby that would be compatible with
jruby-openssl 0.9.7?

We are most definitely still troubleshooting this moving forward, and will
let you guys know if we find anything interesting.

Cheers!

--
<http://sisproject.berkeley.edu/>
*David Cheng*