[jruby] How to integrate local GEMs, when running from a ScriptingContainer?

christian m.kristian at web.de
Tue Jan 12 19:12:38 JST 2016

Ronald,

this generate_dir_info creates directory info file .jrubydir for each
directory. some classloaders do not allow to list directories or better
they do not give me jar-url to resource which JRuby can use to list the
directory. so probably your application works without those extra .jrubydir
files but in case to want to deploy on an OSGi container then you would
need those.

just realized that it is high time to grab this conversation and make a
wiki on the jruby.org site on this topic :)

-christian