[jruby] How to integrate local GEMs, when running from a ScriptingContainer?

changepoint_advi.fischer at extaccount.com changepoint_advi.fischer at extaccount.com
Tue Jan 12 01:48:19 JST 2016

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a problem with IsolatedScriptingContainer - which you had suggested earlier, in a different thread -, in that the container was not able to locate my Scriptlet anymore, so  I did not follow this path further. I will try it again now and make a small example and report back my findings to the mailing list.

Ronald

From: JRuby [mailto:jruby-bounces at ruby-lang.org] On Behalf Of christian
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 5:33 PM
To: JRuby project mailing list
Subject: Re: [jruby] How to integrate local GEMs, when running from a ScriptingContainer?

jruby -S gem install GEMNAME --install-dir .
jruby -r jruby/commands -e JRuby::Commands.generate_dir_info ./gems
jruby -r jruby/commands -e JRuby::Commands.generate_dir_info ./specifications

jar cvfm app.jar ..... gems specifications
then use IsolatedScriptingContainer which will set GEM_HOME and GEM_PATH to uri:classloader:/ that is where the gems are found inside the jar. no need to set it manually.
- christian