[jruby] jruby.jar Windows/Linux compatibility

christian m.kristian at web.de
Mon Jan 4 21:34:07 JST 2016

it is the same jar, you might be better using jruby-complete.jar or the
org.jruby:jruby artifact for java application with "embedded" jruby. the
jruby.jar from the distribution needs to have a ENV or system properties
set to find jruby.home which is the base of the unpacked distribution file.

the only difference betwenn *nix and windows are the launcher files in bin/*

- christian