[jruby] jruby.jar Windows/Linux compatibility

Manuel Ramos Caro manuelramoscaro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 21:11:16 JST 2016

I think yes...

Reggards

-----Mensaje original-----
De: "changepoint_advi.fischer at extaccount.com" <changepoint_advi.fischer at extaccount.com>
Enviado: ‎04/‎01/‎2016 13:08
Para: "jruby at ruby-lang.org" <jruby at ruby-lang.org>
Asunto: [jruby] jruby.jar Windows/Linux compatibility

If I create a Java-JRuby application on Windows (main program is in Java), and hence use the jruby.jar file from the Windows distribution, can I run the resulting program (i.e. my own jar file plus jruby.jar) unmodified on Linux, or does the Linux distribution of JRuby have a different jruby.jar? I guess the answer is "yes", because it's a pure Java application, but I didn't find this mentioned explicitly on jruby.org.

I am aware that of course I have to pay attention in my own program about compatibility issues; I'm interested here only of possible differences in jruby.jar.

Ronald