[jruby] JRubyConf.EU around the corner! 31st of July - last chance for a last second visit :)

R. Tyler Croy tyler at monkeypox.org
Wed Jul 22 00:48:18 JST 2015

(replies inline)

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015, Tobias Pfeiffer wrote:

> if you made the change to the new list you are hopefully still
> interested in JRuby and hence if you don't have a ticket yet and your
> schedule allows you should totally come to JRubyConf.EU in
> Potsdam/Berlin: http://2015.jrubyconf.eu/

If you're in Europe and have the means to get to Berlin, I cannot highly
recommend coming to the conference enough. Sure the talks are interesting, but
sitting on the grass or picnic tables talking Ruby with some of the brightest
minds in our community is worth the trip.

My own favorite anecdote from last year: I was fortunate enough to steal lots
of Colin's (https://github.com/colinsurprenant) time and those discussions and
hacking sessions led to JRuby/Gradle (http://jruby-gradle.org). Talking about
AR-JDBC with Karol and jruby-openssl was also incredibly valuable.

Anyways, I understand that some people can't fit it due to scheduling or
budget, but if you have the time/money, it's a great weekend :)

Bis bald!

- R. Tyler Croy

     Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
  Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>

  % gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 3F51E16F